Vegetarian chili of all varieties has always been a family favorite. There’s nothing like a recipe full of protein, fiber, and beneficial spices. However, some may prefer not to eat chili as the beans may bring on intestinal discomfort.
Because of the tremendous benefits, though, I encourage you give ’em another chance!
Here are 5 things you can do to help reduce the less-than-desirable effects (gas & bloating) of beans in your diet …
- Go slow — Add beans into your diet slowly. Start with just a few tablespoons and build up to more.
- Soak and rinse beans well (4-6 hrs.) before you cook them. If you use canned beans, rinse them even more.
- Cook the beans until they are very soft.
- Chew — Eat slowly and chew each bite well.
- Add the following spices to reduce gas: ginger, fennel, cumin, chili powder, garlic.
To Healthy Eating!