Nothing like a good burger… plant-based burger that is! I know many of you love a grilled burger during gathering for the July holiday, but once in a while try something new for a change.
This Quinoa Veggies Beet Burger creation uses a base of Impossible plant -based burgers and builds from there. Adding chopped onions, peppers and cooked quinoa and powdered beets for added color and nutrients.
Add your favorite condiments and I always put my burgers on Dave’s Killer Bread Burger Buns Done Right for that added wholesome flavor! So delicious!
To Healthy Eating!
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen for food blogs and recipes.
I am very proud of my Newly Published Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Caregiver Edition!
” Full of recipes, helpful hints, and the tools you need to promote safe and meaningful engagement for those with those challenged with an illness.Your kitchen can be a place where fun and health flourish, no matter the challenges you face.”
A second Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Full Edition, will be coming out the in fall of 2021 with many more tested healthy Power of 5 recipes, even a section for healthy Power of 5 Dog Treats! Stay tuned!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Quinoa Veggie Beet Impossible Burger
- 1 cup Quinoa Cooked prior to adding to burger
- 12 oz pkg Impossible Burger meat Or Beyond Beef brand
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pepper Red or Green, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots Shredded, save some time and buy them already shredded.
- Tomatoes, reg or cherry Sliced
- Lettuce I like Romaine as it is a flat lettuce, but your choice.
- Condiments of your choice Ketchup, Mustard, pickles, etc...
- Seasonings As desired
- Cook Quinoa as directed on package
- Chop onions, peppers, shred carrots
- Place ground Impossible burger in a bowl and add the chopped veggies, beet powder and quinoa
- Mix well and add seasoning as desired
- Form firmly in medium size
- Grill or pan fry approx. 5-6min per side on medium heat.
- Assemble your burger with the fixing of your choice. Add roasted corn, slaw, fresh fruit as sides for a delicioius summer meal.