A slaw of a different color adds healthy dark greens such as broccoli or kale for added nutritional value. I have posted several slaw/salad recipes over the years that are refreshing, healthy and light. One of our favorites is my Marinated Summer Salad that I posted last summer. The recently posted Broccoli Nut Salad got rave reviews so I thought I would take a slightly different twist using Broccoli as a Slaw….
Grated with cabbage, carrots, onions, celery with a light apple cider vinegar mayo based dressing. Adding raisins to the salad offers a sweet with the tart of the dressing, very delicious!
Pare with grilled chicken or tofu or other proteins of your choice!
To Healthy Eating!
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me and sign up for the Power of 5 Test Kitchen recipes delivered right to your email box!
” Full of recipes, helpful hints, and the tools you need to promote safe and meaningful engagement for those with those challenged with an illness.Your kitchen can be a place where fun and health flourish, no matter the challenges you face.“
A second Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Full Edition, will be coming out the in fall of 2021 with many more tested healthy Power of 5 recipes, even a section for healthy Power of 5 Dog Treats! Stay tuned!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
A Slaw of a Different Color!
- 2 cups Broccoli Shredded, -you can use already shredded broccoli stalks.
- 2 cups Cabbage Shredded, already prepared, red or green
- 1/2 cup Onions Chopped - sweet onions, scallions - your choice
- 1 cup Celery Chopped or you could replace with 1 Tsp of celery seeds
- 1/4 cup Raisins Or low sugar dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup Slivered almonds Optional
- 2/3 cup Light Mayo I use light Vegan mayo
- 4 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar Regular vinegar is ok if you don't have apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- Garlic Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp Spicy Brown mustard Optional (we like mustard in our house!)
- Salt & Pepper To taste