Margaritas are not only one of our favorites for Cinco de Mayo, they’re also great for an any time citrus drink! The sweet and sour combo make them so refreshing.
There are two options for margaritas: on the rocks or frozen. Both are best with salt around the rim! The on the rocks version is the easiest and least time-consuming way to make a virgin margarita, but using a high-powered blender or Magic Bullet will make a terrific, easy-to-prepare frozen drink easy too!
To responsible drinking!
P.S. Remember to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
- Like our Facebook Page
- Follow us on Instagram: @powerof5testkitchen and @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Margaritas (Virgin or Alcoholic)
- 1/2 cup Lime juice
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Superfine sugar Or more to taste.
- Crushed ice
- 8 oz. Club soda
- 4 Lime wedges Optional, or use lemon wedges.
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt Optional.
- Simply combine the lime juice, lemon juice, and sugar (or sugar substitute) in a small pitcher, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- For a Margaritaville-style frozen drink, blend the lime juice, lemon juice, club soda, and sugar with four cups of ice in a high-powered blender. Blend until the mixture is nice and slushy.
For a Fancy Margarita Experience
- Prepare a salted glass with the below three steps. Optional, but it makes the glasses look fancy!
- Swipe a lime wedge around the rim of the glass.
- Pour coarse salt onto a small plate then dip the edge of the glass into the salt, rolling it around until the rim of the glass is coated.
- Pour the lemon-lime mixture into your salted-rim glasses and enjoy!