We love avocados in our home. Guacamole is one of our favorite avocado recipes to whip up at any time, especially in May when it is Cinco de Mayo! A perfect fruit filled with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Avocado made into Guacamole is delicious on toast, with cheesy veggie quesadillas or just plan with baked pita chips. Guacamole is easy to make and can be served at the start of any meal, even breakfast!
To Heathy Eating!
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Traditional Mexican Guacamole
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Garlic Minced
- ¼ cup Onion Chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro Chopped, optional
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice Fresh squeezed from a lemon
- Dash Cayenne Pepper To taste
- 1 Jalapeno pepper Seeded & minced as alternative to Cayenne pepper...but not both unless you want extremely hot guac!
- Salt and ground black pepper To taste
- Peel avocado, place in a bowl and mash until creamy.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper (or jalapeno pepper) into mashed avocado until well combined; season with salt and black pepper.
- Chill before serving
177 calories; protein 2.7g; carbohydrates 12.2g; fat 14.9g; sodium 49.9mg.