This is a wholesome, flavorful recipe with high-fiber chickpeas and sweet butternut squash. It also has a little bit of authentic Indian flair with the blend of cayenne pepper and cumin added. Whatever you choose to pair with this delicious recipe, you’re sure to enjoy it. Don’t forget a tear of crusty bread! Yum!
To Healthy Eating!
P.S. Remember to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
• Like our Facebook Page
• Follow us on Instagram: @powerof5testkitchen and @drdavidbernstein
• Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Curry Chickpeas with Butternut Squash
- Large fry pan
- 2 cups butternut squash Peeled, diced into square pieces.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion Diced.
- 1.5 cups coconut milk Can also use other nut milk as desired.
- 1 medium green pepper Diced.
- 3 cups chickpeas Organic, canned.
- 1 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos Or soy sauce.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Rice Jasmine or basmati.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into spiral noodles Spiralized, as an alternative to rice.
- kale leaves As an alternative to rice.
- 1-2 tsp Green Curry paste Add 2 tsp if you like extra heat!
- Add oil to a large pan on medium heat. Add peeled and diced butternut squash to the pan and cook 8-10 minutes until squash begins to soften.
- Add onions and peppers. Cook an additional 6-10 minutes until all are softened and begin to brown.
- Add coconut milk, green curry paste, chickpeas, and aminos until all combined. Let cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Serve over rice or sautéed zucchini noodles or fresh kale for a low-carb twist!