Red lentil rotini pasta is a great gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta. The red lentils are a good source of protein and fiber, and they pair well with a wide variety of vegetables and sauces.
In this recipe, I used veggies of my choosing … you can add many different type of veggies according to your preferences.
To Healthy Eating,
Red Lentil Rotini Pasta Vegetable Salad
- 1 box Red Lentil Rotini Pasta I used Barilla brand (gluten-free)
- 10 oz Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Edamame Fresh or frozen
- 1 med-large Onion chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Cilantro Chopped, to taste. I am not a fan of cilantro, so I left it out of my salad.
- Prepare the red lentil rotini pasta as directed on package.
- In a large fry pan, roast Brussels sprouts, onion and edamame until well cooked and nicely brown.
- In a large bowl, place drained red lentil rotini pasta. Add pan-roasted veggies to the cooked pasta.
- Add cherry tomatoes and gently mix all ingredients.
- Drizzle olive oil and Balsamic vinegar over the top along with seasonings of your choice.
- Lightly toss and eat!