This bowl is grain-free, keeping with the recipe as stated, it is vegan with many compatible flavors. Great for dinner or lunch.
Jackfruit Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious, easy to make bowl. It can also be made in advance and eaten throughout the week.
- 10.6 oz package of Jackfruit Chili lime carnitas or like flavor offered by Upton's Naturals or The Jackfruit Company brand
- 2 12 oz pkgs Frozen cauliflower Rice Thawed
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans
- 6 oz Corn Frozen or canned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Bunch of cilantro Or other herbs such as parsley, if you are not a cilantro fan
- Once your cauliflower rice has thawed to room temperature, squeeze excess water out with a dishtowel, and place in a bowl. Squeeze lime over the cauliflower rice and mix well. .
- Place 6 oz of corn in a small bowl and stir in chili powder.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Rinse, dry and chop cilantro (or variation of your choice).
- Assemble your bowls. Divide cauliflower rice, jackfruit, corn, black beans, salsa and cilantro evenly into four bowls and serve.
Cook's Notes: Building this Jackfruit bowl for dinner or lunch is easy and fun! I like this bowl served hot, but you can also eat them cold. Low in calories and fat, high in protein and fiber! Other ideas to mix it up ... add other veggies such as grilled broccoli, onions, or asparagus. Add grilled tofu, chicken, beef or fish! There are many options and varieties to be creative with. Host a "Make Your Own Bowls" dinner party! Enjoy! To healthy eating! Melissa Nutritional Values: 293 Calories per serving - 11.3g Protein; 3.3g Fat; 17.6g Fiber; 36g Carbs