Quinoa continues to be a staple in our kitchen, as it is versatile in what you can do with it. Hot with vegetables like this dish, or cold in a salad with salad veggies.
Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 cup quinoa White, red, black or multi-mixed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups water 1 c water & 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil Optional
- 1 4-6 oz package sweet peppers
- 1 medium Onion Sliced
- 1 8oz package mushrooms Sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse Quinoa well
- Put in a sauce pan with water/veggie broth & salt
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes
- Quinoa will absorb the water/broth and change color to clear when it is done.
- Turn oven temp for roasting to 425 degrees F Prepare Roasting pan with parchment paper, add a thin layer of oil
- Prepare vegetables; wash, slice
- Spread veggies on roasting pan; sprinkled with salt & pepper and other seasonings you wish. I like to add garlic as well.
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil to coat veggies
- Roast for 25 min or so, turning several times during cooking time to get that beautiful roasted look on the sweet peppers and all vegetables are cooked.
- Once vegetables are done, mushrooms and onions mix lightly into cooked quinoa. Place Sweet peppers around quinoa in the serving plater.